Johnstone Supply Think Big Web App
Johnstone Supply wanted to create a facility for their employees to survey a building or series of buildings and record the HVAC equipment within. It would then be passed to a vendor to quote additional necessary information. The end result was a summary that determined how much Johnstone could save the company by updating their equipment. I was contracted to create a web application, dubbed “Think Big” that would allow the surveyor to record all of this data in a structured format, then submit for future reference. I wrote the application in PHP and MySQL, and made it fully responsive for use in the field on mobile devices. It was important to logically present the surveyor with a relevant series of questions that weren’t overwhelming. Documentation was created and training was rolled out to Johnstone employees.
- Large form that allowed recording of various pieces of equipment to a database for later reference
- Allowed saving for later
- Once completed, info was passed along to a reviewer for approval
- Full email integration to notify and report to all relevant parties
- Version, history and timeline recording for each survey
- Administration panel to view and download reports and surveys